greek key rocking chair redo

For some reason unbeknownst to myself, I'm not getting dressed today. It's already after lunchtime, and I'm still in some semblance of my pajamas. I'm not even sick or anything. Just have too much to do...or nothing at all, but I'll never tell. Plus, I haven't worked out yet. So I'm holding off awarding myself a shower until that happens.

Could be a stinky few days...

But. I wanted to show you a recent reupholstery project I did. Found this sad little rocker on craigslist a while ago and thought it had potential. I also thought, after I scored it for a mere $10, "Sweet, I can pick up some fries for the drive home." Because I'm healthy like that. 
 
 
A few things about it: it reaked of smoke and other weird smells, the frame was scuffed up, the caning was starting to fall apart, and the velour was...well, look at it. Oh, and also? The thing was extremely comfortable and well-built.

I'd originally intended this chair for my girls' room, which already had lots of pink and pattern, so I wanted the new look to be fairly neutral and in-the-background. After scouring the Internet for fabric, I finally found this awesome greek key-esque print at (surprise!) JoAnn's and snatched it up. eBay supplied me with some nailhead for the finishwork, which helped to ground a chair that would otherwise be pretty floaty-away-ish. (Feel free to enter term that into Wikipedia.) 
 
 
I used the tea candle method to distress the frame as I spray-painted it (Heirloom White, I think) for a kind of French provincial effect, and I padded up the tufting for a more modern look. I also completely gutted the cane sides.

Here's a little Before & After for your viewing enjoyment:
 
 
 
One looks sca-reeee to sit in, the other fresh and welcoming, don't you think?
 
{shared here}
Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. A few things about it: it reaked of smoke and other weird smells, the frame was scuffed up, the caning was starting to fall apart, and the velour was...well, look at it. Oh, and also? The thing was extremely comfortable and well-built. ladies lawn suits prices , lawn suits with prices 2015 ,

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover