kids' art wall

Remember this sneak peek?
 
 
It's a watercolor. By my 4-year-old. Titled: "Handcuffs." Hoo boy... 
 
Four creative kidlets live in my house. And these guys are NOT shy about creating quantitudinous (yep) amounts of artwork. They'll gift much of it to my husband and me, and we are quick to admire and oooh and aaaah...then sneakily toss said gifts into the recycle bin...then act flustered and surprised when the kids later find the stuff in the recycle bin and wonder how it got there...rinse...spit...repeat...
 
Mother of the Year, baby.
 
Anyway. I decided that, rather than pay for the inevitable therapy such repetitions would require, I'd figure out a way to display their art for real.
 
Enter (drumroll, please) our Art Wall.
 
 
It consists of two lines of thin wire, screwed into our narrow hallway wall, adorned with plenty of mini clothespins.

 
The kids still love gifting us stuff, and we can genuinely appreciate it knowing it has a place on the Art Wall. When we run out of room on the lines, the kids get to choose which of their art pieces has been on display long enough and swap it out.

 
Plus, it takes up zero space. Seriously a win-win-win. Almost like how the strawberry-peach-banana-vanilla almond milk smoothies my husband makes me at night are a win-win-win.
 
I'm not gonna lie. Those things are delicious.

This post was featured at Today's Mama

{shared herehere, herehere, here and here}
Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. I love this idea Brittney! I'm so glad I'm not the only one who has artistic kiddos. LOL! Thanks for sharing:)

    Katie
    www.funhomethings.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I know what you mean. I'm glad they're creative, of course, but could they be slightly more, I dunno, self-editing? :) Dah well. Love it.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you posted this, such a fun idea. Jordan and I just finished hanging the wire on our wall. Keep the great ideas coming, and I'll just keep copying you:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover