paint chip mobile

I love color. Lately, though, I've been drawn to the subtle airiness of muted tones. (Translation: monochromatic...ness.) This applies to both what I wear and how I'm changing up my home decor.

Specifically, I'm trying to create a unique, sweet nursery for my baby. Inspiration is everywhere in my head and in the blogosphere. Know what isn't everywhere, though? The dollars to do it. So I've been on a quest to find awesome stuff to make for free. Or pennies. But mostly free.

Enter: the paint chip mobile, inspired by this post. I loved the simplicity, the ombre coloring (hers is pink), the overall airiness, and the price.


I went with purple hues (from Martha Stewart's line at The Home Depot), simply because I'm reusing purple polka-dot curtains I used for another daughter's nursery. Plus I think this particular scheme is pretty--not too girly, not too in-your-face, but not too invisible either. Here's my quickly-put-together finished product. Loving how it turned out, particularly with the room's existing grey walls. Very soothing.
 


Best part? Total cost: $1.29 (for the embroidery hoop).
Oooh, second best part? My older girls each want one in their room. Which is super flattering, right? Hey, I take what I can get.

{shared here}
Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. So cute =)

    Visiting from DIY Project Parade

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your mobile! Great idea and I love the contrast of the embroidery hoop wood with the grey and purple! I recently did a paint chip art too so I'm definitely partial to paint chip ideas! LOL
    If you want to check it out here is the link - http://29ruehouse.blogspot.com/2012/08/paint-chip-art.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover