Thrift Store Gem-topia

A quick visit to my local thrift store recently revealed a multiplicity of diamonds in the rough. You know how sometimes that happens? And other times there's nada zilch zero?
 
Check it:
 
 
I love the unique shape and materials of this lamp. I'd probably paint out the light wood shaft (mint? pale blue?), or maybe stain it to mimic a cherrywood. But the bite-sized industrial vibe is awesome, kind of whimsically ironic.

 
Brass bamboo magazine holder? Yes, yes, and yes! I'm kicking myself I didn't nab this, and when I went back to do so, it was gone. Nuts. Hopefully it found a good home. *sniff*

 
I've seen some side tables with old suitcases like this attached to legs. Or several trunks stacked to be a side table or nightstand. Love the look - full of character and personality. This one was in great shape.

 
A perfect mottled brass specimen. Just needs a little polishing. Luuuurve!

 
I envision this old sewing table turning into a fantastic side table with a little elbow grease. Maybe paint it a distressed heirloom white and add a bold jewel tone (turquoise or fuschia) under the rattan grid? Or go with a bold royal blue paint, spray paint the grid a brassy gold, and go white underneath.
 
Ahh, the thrifted finds that could have been. You blink and they're gone forever.

Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. What fun finds! Looks like you have some great projects on your hands!
    I nominated you for the One Lovely Blog Award, come check it out if you want to pass it on!
    http://www.thegoldensycamore.com/2012/11/blog-awards-take-2.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks, Allison! Anything that connects me with loveliness makes me happy. I'll for sure check it out.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous11/28/2012

    That table is great!!! I love thrift store shopping!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover