Christmas Card "Art"

(Note about the Title: Sometimes I think I might use the word "art" a little too freely. Like this morning, when my waffle syrup resembled a wagon, I proclaimed it "artistic" and showed it proudly to my children. It's hard to say whether or not they were impressed, but if blinking and silently putting a forkful of their own waffle into their mouths counts as "impressed," then, by jove, they were floored.)
 
So. Keep that in mind through the duration of this post. BUT I will say, this is one of my (and my children's) favorite decorations of the holidays year after year, plus it's versatile, plus it's free, equals I'll share it with you.
 
I love getting Christmas cards, but sometimes I feel bad throwing them out after the season's over. One Christmas a few years ago, we received several cards with snowmen on them. On a whim, I stuck some painter's tape on the backs of them and hung them on a wall.
 
 
For some reason, those cards got taken down and put into the holiday decor box. Pulling them out the next year, I had to smile, and I hung them up again. And even got another card or two to add to the collection. (Thematic: snowmen. Randomly, last year, a glittery Christmas tree was added because my girls fell in LOVE with it. But otherwise, the collection is strictly snowmen.)


So now, every year, we save our cute snowmen cards and add them to the pile. The cards move from wall to wall every year, so my kids never know where it's going to end up. That's part of the fun.
 
(I know, I know...you're right, we DO need to get out more.)

 
This year they ended up in the entryway, at kid-height-eye-level.
 
I like this Christmas card "art" because it's something so simple that brings my children joy, which brings me joy.
 
What, if anything, do you do with Christmas cards?
 
p.s. Are you guys sensing a theme of my Christmas decorating style? If not, check out some evidences of how I keep things pretty simple, pretty kid-friendly, and pretty free.

Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog! I have been reading for a while and have officially nominated you for the Liebster Award. Details are on my blog at www.ahoppuslife.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks, Ashley! I love getting awards of any type. In fact, I gave myself one just this morning. It's called the "I didn't want to make my bed but I did it anyway Award." Very prestigious. And I'm rarely the recipient, so it's kind of a big deal.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover